- The Catalina Kayak is a one and a half seat Kayak.
- Designed to solve the issue of deciding between a double or a single kayak.
- If you have a small child or want to take your dog for a paddle this is the kayak for you.
- The rear facing seat positioned in the front of the kayak can be fitted with a backrest.
- An advantage of the rear facing seat is you can see your child’s face making it easy to gauge how they are enjoying the paddle.
- If fishing is your focus, then the forward area can be fitted with an extra 200mm hatch or used as storage space.
- One 200mm hatch and bag is fitted as standard, there is capacity to have up to 3 x 200 mm hatches fitted.
- The Catalina has a huge tub area at the rear for your cooler/Milk crate or camping gear.
- Fitted standard with 2 rod holders it can have up to 5 flush mount rod holders fitted.
- The Tumblehome design increases stability due to keeping the center of gravity lower than in comparable kayaks. As for the keel it has a sharp entry to the water and a long slow narrowing right the very tail of the kayak, this will provide excellent tracking and further enhance stability.
- Seat and Paddle are EXCLUDED
- Assorted colours available
in Bundaberg Queensland using high grade super linear HDPE. This allows us to
keep the weight down and retain the toughness of the kayak. We source as much
of the deck hardware as possible from Australian made companies. All the
fittings are secured by way of 5mm brass inserts.
The Hull and construction of the kayak comes with a 10 yr. warranty. The deck hardware (handles Seats etc.) have 1 yr warranty.
Transporting and storage is a breeze as the Catalina 1.5 stacks together neatly.
Optional Extras we recommend:
- Paddle leash
- PFD (Life Jacket)
- Waterproof Phone Case and Bag
- Dry Bag
- Paddle Gloves
- Trolley Wheels pole
- Rod Holder
- Rod Leash
- Kayak Trolley
- Drink Holder
- Shirt – Quick Dry – SPF 50+
- Viking hat
about storage options: